Sunday 13 March 2016

Who Needs Blogging?

Recommend Article Article Comments Print Article
Expert Author John W Gates
Don't you just have days when you wonder if it's all worthwhile (or at all worthwhile)?
Don't you just want to chuck it in and retreat back into that nice, cosy comfort zone? Just turn up at the job on Monday, drag your feet through the week and home on Friday to hopefully enjoy your precious time off?
That's how I feel sometimes!! The articles are coming, no great problem with coming up with content, and I can push out big, medium or small articles, pretty much any time that I want - if not there are lots of tricks for getting content, and I know many of them - so it's not content that is the problem.
It's not that I don't like the subject - I do - blogging and the internet are my hobby, among others, so there is no lack of motivation to write about it.
I am a lawyer, and ex-navy, so there are a couple of subjects right there that I could blog about. I love Rugby, Cricket and Golf - could write about those, and I've been a parent for, seemingly forever - blended family of 5, ranging from 34 down to 11, so I could write about parenting, but I don't - actually I do have a parenting blog but it is very neglected.
I also have a Law Blog, albeit, a humorous one, and it is also neglected... one day, maybe! Come to think of it, I have a Rugby blog, too, but I can't remember when I last posted over there - not this season
I think that I am writing content that appeals to an audience - just haven't found them yet.
So, what is this lack of motivation all about?
It could be that I am in a very busy job that keeps me out of the house from 7.30 am to 7.30 pm on weekdays.
It could be that it's a hot day... or a cold one or somewhere in between.
It could be that it's raining outside.
I've got a sore foot.
It's school holidays!... etc etc
To be honest, I just think it's a cycle that we all go through. The rhythms of life.
I took my family on a cruise over new year,we had a fantastically relaxing time, the kids 11 and 12 had their first real taste of independence and my wife and I had eleven cruisy days of no cooking, no hassling by the kids and meeting some great new friends. We got back home on the 11th January, very chilled out and ready to hit (most of) the ground running. Blogging-wise, I probably didn't get re-motivated to get going again, for ages.
Not good if you are trying to build your list!... and that's another thing, it's all happening too slowly.
Am I the only one in this situation? Of course not!
I sat down on Saturday and prepared a Mind Map (using a free app called Mindly) about what I need to do to succeed in online business and blogging - scared me witless! All that work!!
But as they say.."Entrepreneurs are those who will do what others are not prepared to do, so that they can live like those others can't.." Yep, only I better get a move on! I'm not as young as I think I am!
Another one of the gurus that I follow said something like don't worry if nobody is reading your blog until you have at least 50 posts online - getting there and still fairly sporadic readership - when am I supposed to start panicking??
Punching out material on all the right social media channels. Even learned about "pegging" recently. Help! I'm sinking under the weight.
Using Buffer, Klout and Hootsuite, so definitely not "hiding my light under a bushel"
Started up a LinkedIn group - wrote an article for a free e-zine - may be that will help - published an e-book on Multi-Level Marketing - anyone want to do a review for me?
All this effort feels a bit like that bloke that keeps all the plates spinning on the end of long sticks.
Help! I'm drowning!
Fortunately, (or maybe unfortunately), I love it and I'll keep doing it, because as they say, most football games are lost with the one yard line in sight - whatever that means - they also say that it's a game of inches and you can't give up, ever!! So I guess I'll just keep on keeping on.
Who else feels like this, from time to time? Please comment, below. I'd love to hear from you, especially if it's positive reinforcement.
Check this out and then come and visit our website, and get on board our mailing list - just go to http://www.ozzytraders.net

No comments:

Post a Comment